Water Damage From Contaminated Water
Sewage back-ups can happen to anyone! Here are a few Do's and Don'ts to keep you safe until SERVPRO can get there to assist you with cleanup.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated from sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Toilets are not the only source of a sewage back-up, back-ups can also happen in bath tubs and drains in the basement. If you're not sure if it's contaminated water please call SERVPRO to check it out instead of inspecting it yourself. Call today 517-278-5261